Monday, May 6, 2019

The Journey Is Both Rough and Easy

Big Eric's Bridge, Skanee, MI
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
                                          (Matt 7:13-14 KJV)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. (Luke 9:23)


If anyone thinks that following Jesus on the straight and narrow path is easy; they should think that through more thoroughly. Remember where his journey led him. It led him to the cross. It led him to his death. Yet, the good news is that gateway through death led to life for all who would follow him. So, on the rough road there is hope; there is life. 

The journey on the straight and narrow may not provide you with all of the luxuries this world has to offer. It provides something more than anything this world has. It is the way to the Father. It is the way to His Kingdom where there is no more sorrow or tears. There is peace and joy in His presence.

Those who desire life will deny themselves. They will take up their cross daily and follow Jesus. Jesus also said: "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matt 11:29-30) While the road may be rough, it is easy because Jesus carried the cross first. He carried it for you and will be beside you every step of your journey.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: