Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Not Ugly; Beautifully Made


"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." (Psalm 139:13-14 KJV)

I entered the ladies' room at a local restaurant on Mother's Day to see a woman looking in the mirror above the sink screaming at herself. My presence in the room did not stop her from screaming "You are ugly. You are worthless. You are ugly. Never, never forget that." I could not help but think that on Mother's Day she was or had been verbally and emotionally abused. I could not help but feel sorrow for her lot and prayed a silent prayer for her as she was not to be interrupted. I pray for her this morning; that whatever she was or is going through be relieved and that she realize how precious she is to our Father in heaven. 

Depression; anxiety; loneliness can take over our beings at times. At times like those, remember that you have been made by the hand of God. You have been made in His image. What a wonder that is! 

May God help those who have been made to feel less than realize that they have been fearfully and wonderfully made by the one true God, our Creator, who loves us more than any of His created beings can love.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: