Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Beginning The Journey Again

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
                                (Lam 3:22-23 KJV)

Last week I was in the Keweenaw and had a few minutes so drove up to the beginning of US 41 as I usually do when I am in Copper Harbor. This sign reminds me how much life has changed over the ages. I am grateful that I have a vehicle to drive from Michigan to Florida. That was not so for those who traveled ages ago. To get where they wanted to go; they simply put one foot in front of the other and kept on going. They may have stumbled and fell a few times. But, then if they wanted to get where they were going, they would pick themselves up and kept on going. 

The beginning of US 41 is a reminder to me of the journey we as Christians make. It can seem long and it may be very hard at times. We may and most likely will stumble and fall at least a few times. But, God is with us. His compassion is great. He picks us up and we keep going, yearning for the goal at the end of the journey. 

I am reminded when I visit the "Beginning of US 41" that there is always the opportunity to begin again. When we falter on the journey, we can start again. We can put our past behind us as we have been forgiven through the sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus and begin again. 

Each and every morning we can begin the journey anew because the Lord's mercy and compassion fail not.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: