Monday, August 12, 2019

Servants Of All

For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you. 
                                                                                (1 Cor 9:19-23 KJV)

As servants of Christ we become servants to all. Servants of God do not lift themselves up above others. The only one they lift up is God. When we lift ourselves up over others, we make ourselves into a god; a false. Christians do not idolize or worship any man or woman. 

Paul did not consider himself to be above others; although he could have as he had stature in the world of that time both as a Jew and as a Roman citizen. He considered himself a servant of God; a servant sent to deliver the message of Jesus Christ who died and rose from the dead for all who would believe in him.  He delivered the message of forgiveness through the sacrifice of Jesus the Messiah.

We are created equal, each with his own gifts. None is greater than another. We do simply what we are called to do, use those gifts for the gospel's sake. In order to share the Gospel it is most helpful not to be lording our lifestyles over another's. It is most helpful to humble ourselves and meet people where they are.

There is only one God. He is the only one that we lift up. We do not idolize politicians, media celebrities, sports figures, religious personalities, or anyone else. That would be idolatry. And, we definitely need to ensure that no one is making a false idol out of us!

So save the applause and say Hallelujah, all praise to the living God, Amen!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: