Monday, August 5, 2019

Speaking the Truth in Christ

"I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost," (Rom 9:1 KJV)

This verse never fails to bring a smile to my face. I find it a bit bewildering and amusing that a man of St. Paul's faithfulness would have to defend his integrity. 

Yes, before he knew Jesus, he hunted down Christians to put them to death. Even in that, as horrific as it was, he was ferociously dedicated to what he believed was God's will for the good of the people. But, once he met Jesus his life changed. He was convinced that Jesus was the promised Messiah and was totally dedicated to proclaiming the truth in Christ.

It is good when we one say with Paul that I am speaking the truth, my conscience confirms it by the Holy Spirit. But, sadly that is not always the case. The truth of Christ Jesus is often tainted with personal desires. It is difficult to know when someone is truly speaking the truth and so we must depend upon the Holy Spirit within us to help us discern the truth.

Paul's truth in Christ, sometimes hurt people. The truth is not always pleasing to hear. May we always speak with integrity for the good of those whom God loves.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: