Friday, August 23, 2019

My Foot Slips


When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up. 
                                                (Psalm 94:18 KJV)

My foot slipped and I fell off of a ladder a couple of weeks ago. An absolute miracle happened. I landed feet first and then on my knees. I did not get hurt. I did not even end up a little bit bruised. I was most fortunate! I was very surprised.

My feet slip often. But, more often than not my falls are not physical falls. I seem to be a whole lot more unsteady on my feet as each year passes. I am a whole lot more aware of the possibility of falling and at least attempt to be more careful. 

As each year passes it seems that I am also more aware of when I slip and fall spiritually. I am aware of sins that I would not have even realized were sins a decade ago. I try to prevent these falls when I realize they are about to or are happening. But, my efforts are not always successful. 

I know that we all fall. We are sinful human beings. I do not appreciate my own falls. I am quite taken aback that I could possibly foolish enough to fall again. But, I am assured by the Word that the Lord in His mercy will pick me up again and again. This knowledge that He will continue to pick us up is a most humbling experience for even when we are lost, He will pick us up and show us the way to go. 

I thank God for when I do fall, He is there to lift me back up. It is by His grace and mercy that we are saved from falls. We cannot save ourselves. Trust in the Lord for His mercy endures forever. 

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. (James 4:10)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: