Sunday, February 17, 2019

He's Got You In His Hands

Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will hardship, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. (Rom 8:35,37 NRSV)

The world is full of people who are facing challenges of every kind. It is often felt that the challenges are being faced alone. Sometimes, it is not a mere feeling of being devoid of any support of any human kind in facing these hardships. Sometimes, people do, in fact, have to face persecutions and hardships totally alone.

Whether the world has deserted us; whether the people around us have in reality or in our imaginations deserted us, we can be confident that we are never truly alone in this world. As children of the Most High God, we are never alone. God is with us always.

Every now and then when I get very weary of this world, I remember what I did when I was a child and felt so alone and weary, even depressed. When I became afraid at night when it seemed trouble most often stirred it's ugly head; that old song "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands" would run through my head. I would imagine myself curled up resting in these magnificent, protecting, comforting, huge hands and I would fall asleep.

When I find myself stressing out today, I remember those comforting moments with the Lord and I know that the Lord has still got me in His hands. There is nothing that can separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus. He is with me always. He is with you always.

God's Peace be with you today, tomorrow, and for all eternity!  Pr. J

No comments: