Saturday, February 23, 2019

One Master

“No one can serve two masters; for a slave will either hate the one and love the other, or be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth." (Matt 6:24 NRSV)

You cannot serve God and wealth or anything else. As Christians, there is no priority greater than serving the One who created us. There is to be no greater priority that loving the one who loves us so much that He willingly gave His Son to die for us.

When my sons were young they, as most young children, would often tell me that they loved me with their whole hearts or more than anyone else. My response would be that if they did not love God more than me then they did not love me enough. Some might say that my response was cruel. But, the truth is if we do not love God more than anyone or anything else then we do not have the genuine ability to love or serve anyone else as much as we would think we do.  

Wealth cannot save us. We cannot save us. Only Christ saves; therefore, we love the and serve the one who first loved us. We serve because Christ first served us by dying on the cross for us. God is best served when we serve others according to the great love God has for us and we for Him. We can do this only by the power of the Holy Spirit.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: