Friday, February 8, 2019

Too Salty? Nah!

“You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how can its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything, but is thrown out and trampled under foot." (Matt 5:13 NRSV)

I admit, like an old sailor, I can be a bit salty. In fact, the older I get, the saltier I seem to become. This does not always please everyone around me. It does not please those who think that the word of God can be twisted around or manipulated to appease the world's self-serving agendas. 

I am not here to please the world; to serve others, yes; but, not to make everyone around me happy, happy, happy. The truth does not always fill egos with joy. But, the truth will set us free. So, it is imperative that we proclaim the truth, who is Jesus the Christ, at all times and in all places.  

There are times when I consider that my saltiness is just a bit too salty. But, there are also times when I think that maybe I was not salty enough. I let things slide and then I wonder if by doing that I have actually encouraged unfaithfulness to God. But, do not worry. I have been seasoned with age and I am only getting older and saltier. 

"As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ."

                                                                            (Gal 1:9-10)

Have a blessed day in Jesus the Christ!

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: