Friday, February 14, 2020

Denying Jesus

Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.

Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake.

Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.
                                                                                  (John 13:33-38 KJV)

Peter loved Jesus. He wanted to be with him wherever he was. But, when the possibility of being arrested with him came up, he did indeed deny him as Jesus said he would.

Sometimes fear; sometimes self-preservation, will cause even those who love someone to desert them. But, Jesus does not and will not desert us. He did not run from the cross. He did not run from death. He went willingly to his execution because of his great love for us.

May God grant us the courage and strength to always stand on the truth and to not deny the truth; to not deny Jesus, in any attempts to save our own skins in this world. 

He, who is the truth, died for us. Let us live in the truth. Let us live in him.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: