Tuesday, February 18, 2020

The Way

"Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." (Psalm 37:5 KJV)

Last week, I was asked by a friend for directions to my house from Jacksonville. I told her to put my address into the GPS on her phone as I had no clue where in Jacksonville she was and no idea how to get to my home from where she was. I always use a GPS when traveling. Other than Highway 95, I really couldn't name any of the other roads that one might need to travel on. 

I was also in Jacksonville yesterday. Although, I've been to the exact location many times over the last few years, I still use my GPS. I know my way to where I was going and I know my way home from there. But, I still use my GPS because one can never know when there might be a detour due to construction or an accident. I trust it to show me the way to where I am going. But, I also know the GPS system is not 100% reliable. I have been led to a few dead ends and wrong addresses over the years. 

There is one though who can lead us faithfully through deserts and wildernesses. He will lead us through dark valleys and over high mountains. He will lead us on the way because he is the way. We can trust Jesus to show us the way 100% of the time. Listen to him and follow him in the way that he has shown you.

"And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." 
                                                                                          (John 14:4-6)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: