Saturday, February 29, 2020

Prayers of Distress and Praise

"In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me." (Psalm 120:1 KJV)

The truth is that it has been a really long time since I've cried tears of distress. I do still weep to witness the hurt and suffering that others go through. I cry tears of joy from time to time. But, as I've gotten older, for some reason, things that really would have bowled me over in past years just do not affect me as they once did.

I believe it's probably because I now know that no matter what happens God knows exactly what is going on and He is with us in those distressing times. He knows and He hears our prayers before we even pray them. He hears our prayers and He answers.

"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
                                                                                           (Rom 8:26-28)

Call upon the Lord in good times and in bad times. The Lord is with you and hears you. He hears your pleas for help. He hears your prayers of praise and thanksgiving. 

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: