Friday, February 28, 2020

Empowered To Share The Good News

Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
                                                                                        (2 Tim 1:6-10 KJV)

A whole lot of Christians tend to think that they are paying their pastors to be the evangelists. It is true pastors are called to be evangelists sharing the Good News of the Kingdom through Jesus the Christ. But, it is fallacy to think that not all Christians are called to share this Good News.

"But, I'm too shy." "I don't want to push my beliefs on others." "I can't." "I don't know how." "I am afraid of what others will think of me." "I might be bullied for my faith." Those are all really feeble excuses for not doing what we've been called to do. 

I listen to people lifting up, bragging about, and defending the sports teams and the politicians of their choice all of the time. But, who lifts up Jesus in their every day conversations? There are a few. But, not so many as have actually been called. The truth is that Jesus is absent from many of our daily conversations.

Christians have been called to a holy calling. We have been anointed with the Holy Spirit so that we might be empowered to live out our calling. There is no reason to fear sharing the truth of Jesus Christ. God has not given us the spirit of fear. He has given us a spirit of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 

This spirit of power and love inspires to share the Good News with others so that they too might live life in the light, who is Jesus the Christ.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: