Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Will You Deny Jesus?

Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.

Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended.

Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.
                                                                              (Matt 26:31-35 KJV)

The Lord knew that Peter was not going to keep this promise to not ever deny him. In fear for his own safety, Peter will deny him thrice that very night. Even today people around the world know that their lives may be in danger because they follow Jesus. Many are persecuted; threatened with torture and even death for His sake. They will not deny Jesus! They would prefer death.

What about us? Jesus died for us! He died that we might live! Would we deny him? Do we love the Lord enough to even begin considering dying for his sake? Are we honestly able to declare "Even if I have to die for Jesus' sake, I will never deny Him;" let alone keep that vow?

As we enter another Lenten Season, let us take the time to consider how it is that we might be denying him, not by just our words, but by what we have done and by what we are leaving undone.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: