Friday, February 7, 2020

Love The Lord And One Another

Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked. (Psalm 97:10 KJV)

I don't know when it exactly happened. But, some where along the line the Holy Spirit worked in me a very strong dislike for those things that are evil. I don't mean just those things that are in your site evil. The insidious things that society accepts as right but that end up hurting themselves, others, and society also turn my stomach.

I rarely watch television shows or movies all of the way through. When these fictional characters make choices that I know (often from my own experience or witnessing the experience of others) are going to hurt themselves or others I have to shut my eyes or leave the room. I cannot stand self-imposed suffering. There is enough suffering in the world without humankind adding to it for their self-centered purposes. 

Hurting other people to get what you want is evil. The world may not see anything wrong with some of our actions. But, God is the judge. 

"Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." (Matt 22:35-40)

We are to love God and to love one another even as God loves us. We ought to be kind and put the needs of others before our own selfish desires so that none may suffer because of our sinful natures. 

"Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." (Rom 13:10)

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: