Monday, August 29, 2016

Forgive And Move Forward With Life

Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.  Luke 6:36-38

Years ago, after having spent a few months being very angry with someone I barely knew, I had a dream. In this dream there was this very large and magnificent stairway. She was standing at the bottom looking up. I was on the third step looking down at her. That was it. That was the whole dream. When I woke up, I realized that because I was spending all of my time looking down on her and attempting to block her path. I had been living a very miserable existence; as I wasted my life looking back and down. I had been so angry that I had not able to move forward with my life. I had not been able to live life. Neither, had she. Our spiritual growths had come to standstills. This was not a good thing for her or me or anyone in the world around us.

I forgave her and moved on. Life goes on. No, we did not become best friends. I only saw her once after amends were made. I hope that she was able to move forward even as I was able.

We must live the life that our Father has so graciously given us. Do not waste the days in anger or in desiring revenge! Forgive and move forward with your live. Forgive one another as our Father has forgiven us through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: