Sunday, August 21, 2016

The Power Of The Spirit Of Christ


I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.
Gal 2:20a
"And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing
while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power."  1 Cor 2:1-5

Paul was not an uneducated man. Yet, he resolved to know nothing when he was with the people except Jesus. His focus, his thought, his talk was on nothing other than Jesus the Christ. He did not allow the fact that he was indeed a man of learning and of some status to get in the way of proclaiming the one thing that mattered most: Jesus Christ and him crucified. Nothing else mattered. His utmost concern was proclaiming the Good News of the Kingdom through Jesus the Christ.

Paul's ego died in order for the power of the Spirit of Christ to work through him. Our egos must also die if we truly desire for the message of the Kingdom through Jesus Christ to be proclaimed and heard and believed.

May it be, in all of God's church on earth, that whatever we say and do; it is done by the power of the Spirit of Christ who abides in all who believe.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: