Saturday, August 20, 2016

Through The Valley Of The Shadow of Death

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
Psalm 23:4 NIV

My favorite Psalm, as it is for many, is Psalm 23. I pray it daily; sometimes a few times a day. There is so much chaos in the world that it can be most unsettling to wonder which path loved ones are following. Have they gotten themselves lost? Will they end up on the wrong path? Will they follow in the footsteps of Jesus into the Kingdom of God where they will know peace of heart and mind? Will they walk with God? One can never tell for sure.

The only sure thing I can do about these unsettling feelings is to pray this prayer of affirmation, trusting God to be with them and for them as He has promised even as He is with me. As I pray for my loved ones, I am sometimes reminded of Job who rose up early every morning to make offerings for every one of his children. Instead of burnt offerings, I lift up all whom I love to the Lord in prayer.

I do not fear for myself; for God is with me. But, I pray often that all whom I love will trust God to walk with them, guiding and comforting them.

May the Lord, the Good Shepherd, be with you always to guide you through the valley of the shadow of death.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: