Tuesday, August 23, 2016

God's Love Sustains Us

Baptism in Huron River, Baraga County, MI

When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. Psalm 94:18-19

At times, I find myself a bit anxious. I think that we all do. I am not alone in that. I find the world a bit tedious. I also find it a bit reassuring that anxiety came even to the psalmist now and then.

Life can be a lot of work over things that really have no significance; over the small stuff. The book written by Richard Carlson, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff... And It's All Small Stuff reminds us not to be stressing over the minor details of the day. There is just too much life to live to spend our days anxious about small stuff. 

May God help us all to stay focused on what is truly important and that which sustains us: the unfailing love of God for all people through Christ Jesus, our Lord. Amen

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: