Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Peace and Well-being

Pier at Flagler Beach

This is what the Lord says—
    your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
    who teaches you what is best for you,
    who directs you in the way you should go.
If only you had paid attention to my commands,
    your peace would have been like a river,
    your well-being like the waves of the sea.
Isaiah 48:17-18 NIV

I admit it. I do not always go in the direction that the Lord would have me go. I intend to; but, sometimes I stray mostly because there are times that I just don't take enough time to really listen to Him. This is not a good idea. It ends up bad when I take my own advice.

Each day, for our own sakes and for the sake of others, we must take the time to pray; to really communicate with our Father in heaven. The time we spend with our Father should not be spent just asking for stuff or even in thanking Him. We ought to do these things; but, we must also listen to Him. It doesn't do us any good if we ask Him to show us the way and then don't listen or take His advice. 

Real peace and well-being will be much more abundant in our lives when we follow in His way. He knows what is truly good for us. Our ways don't turn so well.

May God help us to pay attention so that we might follow in His Way.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: