Monday, August 22, 2016

The Lord, My Helper, Is With Me


"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?"
Hebrews 13:6 NIV
Lately, it seems that an unusual amount of people are asking me if I am okay. Not, "how are you?" but, "are you okay?" That, I assume, is a form of greeting that I am not accustomed to. However, when I've replied, "I'm fine," that first question is followed up by another: "Are you sure?" (LOL) Of course, I am sure. I am a child of God. There is nothing that gets better than that. But, I'm beginning to wonder a bit about that follow up question. Are they just super concerned about my well-being or do they know something I don't know? Do I look sick? Am I acting depressed? Is there an enemy lurking about; yet, unseen by me?

It doesn't really matter. I know that my whole life is in God's hands. He has taken care of me my entire life. Nothing happens to me without Him knowing. There have been some really rough times; but, those rough times just helped me to learn to trust in God even more. There is no reason to be afraid of sickness, turmoil, friends, enemies, life, or death. He is my helper. I have eternal life in Christ.

Do not be afraid of anything the world may throw at you. The Lord is with you and for you. All who believe have already entered into the Kingdom, where Jesus reigns!

God's Peace - Pr. J

P.S. I do appreciate all of the concern. It is good to know that people care. I really am okay. God is with me and always will be.

No comments: